"...where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty."
-2 Corinthians 3:17 (NASB)

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
~John Adams

7.11.2008

Gubernatorial race at Patriot Academy 2008

This is the note that I distributed to all the participants at Patriot Academy 2008 regarding my campaign for governor.

“ If a man neglects to enforce
his rights, he cannot complain
if, after a while, the law
follow s his example.”

~Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.


I am pleased to announce my candidacy for Governor at Patriot Academy 2008.

Instead of just asking you to vote for me I would like to share with you the criteria that I use to scrutinize candidates. I hope that you will find them helpful in choosing Patriot Academy's new leaders.

1 - Person of Integrity: Can I trust this person?
2 - Predictability: Is the candidate consistent enough that we know what to expect?
3 - Philosophically sound: Does this politician have the correct foundational beliefs?
4 - Practicality: Does he/she support sound policy? Are they experienced enough to be practical?

During our time together, I hope to show how I fulfill these criteria. But, for now, I will just point you to my blog, BrianFactor.BlogSpot.com. Perhaps the best way to make an informed decision would be to simply come and say, “Hi,” at Patriot Academy. I'd love to talk to you.

More updates coming soon!

2 comments:

  1. You gave it what you had and besides, even though you lost I bet you still had a blast running.

    So post something new, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did have a blast running, and I sure met more people than I would have otherwise.

    Sorry; I've just been really busy trying to ketch up on my 5 Wk US Gov class after Patriot Academy.

    Maybe I'll post what I prepared on Iraq for that class.

    ReplyDelete