"...where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty."
-2 Corinthians 3:17 (NASB)

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
~John Adams

6.01.2008

Over due on a post... sorry!

Well, It's been well over a month since I posted on this blog. I figure that it's time I do so.

I'm thinking that I'll forget politics for a little while and maybe I'll have all my posts focus around technology. One of the reasons I haven't gotten to this blog is that I've been playing around with Linux on my computer. I've installed Ubuntu via wubi on both of my machines. If you would like to give Linux a try, I'd recommend: www.wubi-installer.org.

So I'm going to show you some screen shots of my totally awesome desktops. The whole point of this is that Linux can do just about anything. (click to enlarge)

Ubuntu Linux has some very cool effects. Especially with Compiz fusion/Beryl!







Like the Mac OS X GUI? Ubuntu can do it, too! :-P







And, yes, I can configure Ubuntu to look like Vista as well.



2 comments:

  1. What are the operating system requirements compared with other operating systems? Has it crashed on you yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. "What are the operating system requirements compared with other operating systems?"
    Lower. You can literally get linux systems that will install on a flash drive, but the one I'm using (ubuntu) is a little larger than that.

    According to Ubuntu you need to have:
    -1/4 GiB (256 MiB) of RAM
    -4 GiB of hard drive

    Which is WAY lower than Vista, which requires:
    -1 GiB of RAM
    -15 GiB of hard drive.
    -Serious video card with 128 MiB of mem, and Pixel Shader. (I don't have either)

    My desktop would be gowning under the weight of Vista BASIC, but it runs Ubuntu almost seamlessly.

    "Has it crashed on you yet?"
    The answer is yes, but actually much less than windows on my desktop. Part of it is just that I haven't done an official installation. I'm still using Wubi, which runs Ubuntu from a virtual disk instead of from a partition.

    On my laptop, I have a really wimpy graphics card, so I had all kinds of problems with running programs/ special effects.

    > < > Brian

    ReplyDelete