A baby is not a punishment! It is a responsibility. Sure, it involves work. But it is a joy! A PRIVILEGE!!!
Either Sen. Obama really messed up, has a twisted view of family, or just slipped and told us what he really believes about children. Take a look:
"Look, I've got two daughters. 9 years old and 6 years old. I am going to teach them, first of all, about values and morals. BUT if they make a mistake, I don't want them punished with a baby."
~Barack Hussein Obama
I have to side with others and say that Mr. O-bomb-a should retract this statement. Yet this isn't all that I want. He must prove that he actually supports the fundamental right to life.
My goodness. I really want to scream at someone, :arg: but I will contain myself. Abortion is not about religion! It is not about "my personal preference!" And, for goodness sake, it is NOT a gray area! :calms down to a logical state: Allow me to enumerate why I am decidedly pro-life.
- 1) Life is the most fundamental right of all rights. It is afforded to any human by the natural order of things. Basically, people are naturally alive, not naturally dead. No other person has the right to change this.
- 2) Babies are people for crying out loud! So what distinguishes a baby that is in the womb from a baby that it out of the womb? Only three things:
- a) level of dependence
- b) environment
- c) mental and physical development
- As soon as my great grandmother's inability to feed herself means that you can through her out the window, you can kill a baby because it's dependent on you. As soon as you start killing people in slums because of their sub-standard environment, you can kill a baby because it is in the womb. As soon as retarded people can be blown up because they haven't "developed," you can kill a baby because it isn't as smart as you are. And don't throw out the "fetus" thing. Fetus comes from Latin meaning "little child."
- 3) Therefore, babies (even those in the womb) should be protected by the government just like any other person's life should.
- 4) And for those of you who are still convinced that it's a gray area. It's best not to take chances when it comes to someone's life, don't you agree?
Alright, my frustration has been vented. What do you think? Should Obama retract his statement? Go ahead a leave a comment. I'd appreciate it.
Remember you can save yourself time and headaches by subscribing to my free RSS feed.