"...where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty."
-2 Corinthians 3:17 (NASB)

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
~John Adams

8.28.2007

Welcome!

"Only lay down true principles, and adhere to them inflexibly. Do not be frightened into their surrender by the alarms of the timid, or the croakings of wealth..."
~Thomas Jefferson in a letter to Samuel Adams, 1816, http://teachingamericanhistory.org/library/index.asp?document=459


First thing is first: the totally awesome government quote for the week: (this one actually applies to more than just government, but I include it because all my government philosophy is based upon it; we should have principles that guide every policy, and those principles should not change)
Note right here: I will always include citations for the quotes I find. That's the research geek coming out in me. :-)

Welcome to my government weblog! This is really here because its part of my homework for my TX and Local Government class that I'll be taking at my local Community College with Seago. I hope this can become more than that as I share with you my passion for research, government, and most importantly: THE FACTS! (In case you where wondering, I'm going to say that over and over and over again.)

Respecting the facts starts by respecting the truth. This is a much ignored point in our society. I think the main reason is that we don't have the definition of truth. In John 14:6, Jesus tells us that he is "...the way, the truth and the life." Now, just because he said it doesn't automatically mean its right; there are many more reasons why Jesus has proven himself to be the truth; maybe I can go into those later. I do, however, hope that this blog is approachable for non-Christians, too.
I believe that where I posit, those who do not share the same convictions on Jesus can still agree. It's logical to assume that the truth is logical all the way around, right? I just thought I should give credit where credit is due.

3 comments:

  1. Hey! Love the blog, great background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The three common stages of logic are 1) postulate/assumption (aka: we take it for granted, there is no real reason) 2) Statement (there is some reason to believe it, but not conclusive evidence) and the there is 3) fact.

    A fact is pretty much distinguished from a statement because of the type of evidence. Basically, a fact has "conformity to truth." It has what is known as original evidence, because that is what truth is. Truth is really just the original. Does that make sense?

    So, basically, a fact is a line of argument that is supported by original evidence.

    ReplyDelete